Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm a lazy blogger. Sorry.

What have I been up to of late? Mostly just class and the normal stuff like that. There are only two more weeks of class (the program ends on the 20th) and so work is starting to pile up. Our Italian final is on the 11th and 12th! So crazy. 

 

I have also learned to play Briscola. It is an awesome Italian card game that everyone should learn to play. Italian cards are also really cool looking with crazy pictures and patterns on them. There are a bunch of styles depending on the region of Italy you're in. I have the Piacentine style which are the most popular in Rome. Yesterday after class a bunch of us went to the Gianicolo and played it. That's how study abroad time should be spent. 



The other day (April 28th?) we had Italian class in Villa Borghese on bicycles!! Mada arranged for us all to rent bikes for an hour and a half and we had a scavenger hunt map to follow. We had to go all over the park and look for certain monuments. We all felt kinda like a gang because there were 6 or so of us biking together. We kept snapping like West Side Story, because we're cool like that. 



We went to the Vatican Museums for Archaeology this week. Delfino spoke his perfect latin when describing this lovely tombstone. It was a great field study because we went to the less popular parts of the Musuem (no Sistine Chapel) so it wasn't too crowded. There were a couple of elementary school kid groups. They all sat on the floor around their teacher and we all wanted to do it too. The kids were also cute because they all had Pokemon backpacks. Just like when we were in third grade. 


This window display has been up on our street since we got here. I assumed it was for winter and would be changed quickly because it was in the 50s when we got here, but nope. It's still around. I wonder how long the summer display was up. Til christmas perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. I totally want to learn how to play Briscola. I originally thought it was played with giant cards, until I realized you were using tricky "perspective" with your camera when you posted those phots. I STILL want to learn the game. Also, I love that dog!

    ReplyDelete